- All the complaints/queries/requests received from any of the channels are logged in Complaint Management System (CMS).
- An automated system generated SMS will be sent to the complainant on the provided mobile number containing the complaint tracking number and expected timelines of resolution.
- Complaint is routed to the concerned department, for resolution.
- If complaint is not resolved by end of 10th working day, an interim response will be provided to the complainant via appropriate channel.
- Upon resolution, Complaint Cell reviews the resolution details and if resolution is satisfactory, informs the customer about the resolution via appropriate channel.
- If Complaint Cell finds any misperception in the resolution remarks or incomplete details, they investigate the issue with the concerned department.
- Complaint will be closed after resolution and the details are communicated to the customer.
- Complaints are assessed fairly, honestly and promptly. They are investigated competently, diligently and impartially.
- Customer confidentiality is maintained throughout the process.
Turnaround Times as per SBP Directives
Complaints should be responded to and attempted to be resolved as soon as possible but within the defined Turn-Around-Times (TAT) given below:
|Acknowledgement, Registration and Initial Assessment of Complaint||Within 48 hours of receipt of complaint|
|Interim Reply||After 10 working days in case the matter requires detailed scrutiny. These sorts of complaints may include issues relating to fraud, embezzlement of funds, repayment disputes, etc.|
|Final Reply||If the complaint is of minor nature and does not require detailed investigation, then final reply should be received within 7 working days. These may include complaint of misbehavior, malfunctioning of system, repayment of settlement disputes etc. In any case the complaint must be disposed of within 15 days. However, for the fraud related cases, the final reply to the complainant must be issued within 30 days from the lodgment of complaint.|
**For ATM related complaints, banks are required to follow relevant instructions issued by SBP from time to time.
If you are not satisfied with the provided solution of your complaint, you may please reach out to State Bank of Pakistan on below mentioned contact details:
Consumer Protection Department - SBP
5th floor, SBP Main Building, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi
UAN No. 021-111-727-273
Fax No. 021-99221160 & 99221154